Digest>Archives> March 2002

Photo of Minot’s Memorial Given to Museum


You can see an enlarged version of this picture by clicking here.
>> Click to enlarge <<

Shown here (l-r) are John Small and Herb Jason presenting a framed photograph of the Minot’s Ledge Lighthouse Keepers’ Memorial to Tim Harrison of the American Lighthouse Foundation.

They and others built the memorial, a dream of Herb Jason, at no cost to taxpayers in Cohasset, MA. The memorial is dedicated to the two keepers who lost their lives when the lighthouse collapsed in the sea in a storm on April 16-17, 1851.

The photograph will now be on display at the American Lighthouse Foundation Museum of Lighthouse History, which is next door to Lighthouse Depot in Wells, Maine.

Photograph by Kathleen Finnegan.

This story appeared in the March 2002 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History