This lighthouse was replaced by the Toledo Harbor Light in 1904, and it passed into private ownership. It has long been abandoned and neglected except for a couple of brief restoraton efforts. A 1965 tornado destroyed its lantern, and all that remains today is the shell of the lighthouse tower. The present owners hope to rebuild the lighthouse.
Description of Tower: Square brick tower.
Listed on the Lighthouse Digest Doomsday List of endangered lighthouses.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1831
Date Present Tower Built: 1866
Date Deactivated: 1904
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible by boat only.
Keepers: Ann Edson (1869-1870), William Haynes (1875-1904)